A woman who begins a journey of self-discovery:
- FINDS VALUE in who she is as a PERSON.
- OPENS herself up to learn how to cultivate her self-esteem, personal identity and emotional intelligence
- RECOGNIZES she doesn’t need to always DO in order to always BE
- LEARNS she is deserving of her dreams and what she wants
- TAKES decisions and responsibility over her own life
However, for the empowerment process to be complete a woman must realize:
- The systemic, legal and cultural barriers hurting/condemning her development
- The history of gender violence in her nation, community and family influencing the nature of her personal or business relationships
In the process of empowerment a woman ultimately finds:
- A NEED to cultivate her inner world so she can start sharing/influencing and acting on her outer world
- A DESIRE to collaborate with other women and create support networks for sustainable growth
- A PATH to overcome her ego and unlearn bad behavioral practices hurting other women
- A CAUSE of liberation from violent laws, practices and norms and a defense of universal human rights for all
But you could say, the most important legacy of this process is a STRONG BELIEF that in whichever way her empowerment manifests: her personal journey is political.
For her growth breaks other women FREE.